Oceana County Administrator
The County Administrator/Fiscal Officer serves at the pleasure of the Board of Commissioners. The responsibilities carried out in this position include:
- Recommends and implements board policies relating to general county administration including employee relation and labor negotiations, budgeting and financial management, facilities and equipment management and other internal services.
- Oversees the daily activities of the County; serves as liaison to other boards and commissions; and, supervises the appointed departments of the county.
- Develops and monitors systems and strategies to accomplish the goals and objectives of the Board, and is accountable to the Board of Commissioners.
The staff within County Administration is responsible for:
- Assisting the board in meeting identified goals
- Developing agenda items for the Board of Commissioners
- Writing procedures to accompany board policies
- Providing legal counsel in all county matters
- Providing Human Resource functions to include collective bargaining, health care and compensation issues
- Financial services functions, purchasing functions
- Other general administrative support activities
Sue Ann Johnson - Administrator/Fiscal Officer
Sue Ann Johnson joined Oceana County in 1977 as the Executive Administrative Assistant and became the Administrator/Fiscal Officer in 2008.